CrossFire Youth Group - Sponsors
|Click here to return to the Crossfire Main Page|
There is not a better way to pass on your faith to the next generation and have a great time doing it. Being a youth sponsor here at Berean for the CROSSfire youth group is a unique and challenging experience that leaves a lasting impression on both the sponsor and the teen.We are always looking for quality adults who are interested in serving in our youth ministry. We believe that our teens are treasured by God and gifted to us for the purpose of influencing and training to become like Christ. As a sponsor, you have the opportunity to do this by playing games, leading in devotions and small groups, and by just being present.We have developed this packet to give potential sponsors and parents a better idea of what it means to be a sponsor here are Berean. It is by no means a given that if someone desires to be an adult sponsor that they will be. If you would like to be considered as a sponsor, please read on and consider this page to be part 1 of a 3 part packet. Once you have completed all 3 parts, please turn it into the youth pastor.
What is a sponsor:
- A sponsor of the CROSSfire youth group is first and foremost a servant!
- A sponsor is a growing, adult Christian who is interested in seeing teenagers grow and transform into mature Godly adults.
- A sponsor is someone who sees the CROSSfire youth group as their ministry and sacrifices their time and talents to making it the best youth group in the area.
What a sponsor is NOT:
- A sponsor is NOT someone that is interested in hanging out and playing fun games with teens, and fulfilling a “requirement” to be in church on Wednesday night.
- A sponsor is NOT the most talented person in the church
- A sponsor is NOT the coolest person in the church
- A sponsor is NOT someone seeking to fulfill their own agenda
Minimum requirements for being a sponsor:
- Current member in good standing with BBC (see membership requirements at www.bbcfnc.org)
- Strong desire to serve teens
- Willingness to support the youth pastor in both word and deed
- Conducted recent background check with our Director of Children’s Ministries
- Completely read Shepherding a Child's Heart
- Completed all questions in sponsor packet
- Agree to sign up for and attend 50% of all special activities
- Attend all youth services unless providentially hindered
- Have a firm grasp on basic biblical principles with the ability to articulate them
- Attend three nights of training during the summer
Deadline for turning sponsor packets in is July 15 every year.
Thank you and we sincerely look forward to the possibility of working with you in the future.